- Announcing a publication!
- Now on the Media History Digital Library: several of my film magazines
- I act, therefore IAM: Italia Almirante Manzini in Notte di tempesta (1916)
- Lina Cavalieri in Sposa nella morte! | The Shadow of Her Past (IT 1915)
- Diva ‘December’ returns – Fabienne Fabrèges in Signori giurati … (1916)
- Diva December delayed!
- More question marks in Italian film advertising of the teens
- Varieté at the NZIFF: An interview with composer Johannes Contag
Films by year
Films by place
Tag Archives: cinema of 1923
In the history of film, the 1910s was the premier decade for female action stars. Long before Ellen Ripley became the prototype for the modern female badass, silent movie screens were filled with fearless women, female daredevils, adventurers and spies. … Continue reading
As an art form, silent film lasted for a mere 40 years, c.1895-1935. It’s well known that the great majority of films from the silent era are now lost, whether due to destruction (either deliberate, as by many studios, or accidental, … Continue reading
Before Morrissey, before Morris Day … there was another: the original Moz. And that Moz is Ivan Mosjoukine, né Мозжухин (Mozzhukhin) … Vanya to his friends. He has been seen before on this blog, but only briefly and not in … Continue reading