- A rainbow of silent film
- Queer film history: Diana McLellan’s “The Girls: Sappho goes to Hollywood”
- London Symphony approaches
- Announcing a publication!
- Now on the Media History Digital Library: several of my film magazines
- I act, therefore IAM: Italia Almirante Manzini in Notte di tempesta (1916)
- Lina Cavalieri in Sposa nella morte! | The Shadow of Her Past (IT 1915)
- Diva ‘December’ returns – Fabienne Fabrèges in Signori giurati … (1916)
Films by year
Films by place
Tag Archives: serials
In the history of film, the 1910s was the premier decade for female action stars. Long before Ellen Ripley became the prototype for the modern female badass, silent movie screens were filled with fearless women, female daredevils, adventurers and spies. … Continue reading
As an adjunct to my post on Anime Buie | Dark Souls, here is a brief filmography of Emilio Ghione’s Za La Mort series (1914-1924). The films are listed chronologically, with survival information/availability indicated.
Serial star Mary Fuller Another film celebrating its 100th birthday this year is one of the two extant episodes of American film serial Dolly of the Dailies: Episode 5, The Chinese Fan. The serial stars Mary Fuller as Dolly Desmond, … Continue reading