- Announcing a publication!
- Now on the Media History Digital Library: several of my film magazines
- I act, therefore IAM: Italia Almirante Manzini in Notte di tempesta (1916)
- Lina Cavalieri in Sposa nella morte! | The Shadow of Her Past (IT 1915)
- Diva ‘December’ returns – Fabienne Fabrèges in Signori giurati … (1916)
- Diva December delayed!
- More question marks in Italian film advertising of the teens
- Varieté at the NZIFF: An interview with composer Johannes Contag
Films by year
Films by place
Tag Archives: Italia Almirante Manzini
Italia Almirante Manzini was a major diva of the Italian silents who has, so far, been mentioned on this blog only briefly. I like her a lot—she’s always fun and engaging to watch. Despite a stately appearance, I perceive a certain gentle wryness … Continue reading
Decadence, outrageous emotion, an extravaganze of costume and gesture … the inimitable screen presence of the Italian divas is one of my favourite facets of the silent era. In the 1910s, actresses like Lyda Borelli, Francesca Bertini, and Pina Menichelli swept … Continue reading